Enquire about this Tour
- Summit one of Uganda's three Virunga Volcanoes.
- Track golden monkey troops.
- Paddle dugout canoes on Lake Bunyonyi.
- Trek through beautiful terraced hillsides.
Day 1 - Drive to Lake Bunyonyi in Uganda's southwestern highlands.
Day 2 - Paddle canoes to visit the islands of Lake Bunyonyi.
Day 3 - Trek through the ancient Echuya Forest.
Day 4 - Hike to the base of the Virunga Volcanoes.
Day 5 - Track golden monkeys on the slopes of a volcano.
Day 6 - Summit either Mt. Sabyinyo, Mt. Muhavura or Mt. Gahinga.
Day 7 - Make the return journey back to Kampala.
|Based on 6 People||Based on 5 People||Based on 4 People||Based on 3 People||Based on 2 People |
Foreign Uganda Residents Discount: -$20 Per Person
East African Citizens Discount: -$180 Per Person
Super Custom: Included
VW Kombi: +$230 Per Group
Land Cruiser Pop Top: +$420 Per Group
This Tour Includes
We use the following abbreviations our ‘Includes & Excludes’ section.
NP – National Park
NSC – Non Self Contained (communal toilets and showers)
SC – Self Contained (private toilet and shower)
UWA – Uganda Wildlife Authority
Full time use of a private vehicle (as per your itinerary)
A Full-Time Private Driver/Guide
Fuel for your entire journey (with an allowance for any necessary detours)
Accommodation (please view TripAdvisor links in itinerary for impartial ratings)
- 1 night at Bunyonyi Overland Resort (single or double / twin safari tent, NSC)
- 1 night at Camping on Habukomi Island (tent, NSC)
- 1 night at Camping on the shores of Lake Kayumbu (tent, NSC)
- 3 nights at Amajambere Iwacu Community Camp (Banda, NSC)
All Meals (as specified in the ‘Meal Plan’ above)
Bottled Drinking Water (1.5 liters per person, per day in your vehicle)
- Canoe Hiking package (South Western Highlands)
- Golden monkey tracking (Mgahinga Gorilla NP)
- Virunga Volcano Hike (Mgahinga Gorilla NP)
Wildlife & Tracking Permits
- Golden monkey tracking (UWA)
Park & Vehicle Fees
- Mgahinga Gorilla NP x 2 days (Park Entry, Driver Entry, Vehicle Entry)
Specialist Guides and Rangers
- Traditional Healer (Gorilla Highlands)
- Canoe guides (Gorilla Highlands)
- Hiking guides (Gorilla Highlands)
- Craft maker (Mrs. Anna)
- Echuya Forest Reserve guide (Batwa Leader, Kanusu)
- Museum Guide (Gorilla Highlands, Gakondo)
- Golden monkey tracking guide (UWA)
- Volcano hike guide and ranger (UWA)
A $10 per person donation to the Uganda Conversation Foundation (see CSR Program)
Collection from and drop-off at your desired location (in Kampala or Entebbe)
Lodging & food for your guide/driver (same lodge premises as you, where possible)
A dedicated Tours Manager based in Kampala in daily contact with your Driver/Guide and on call, 24/7 in case of an emergency.
This Tour Excludes
Items marked ‘(*for an additional cost)’
Alcohol (unless provided as complimentary by the accommodation)
Laundry (unless provided as complimentary by the accommodation)
Souvenirs & items of a personal nature
International or Domestic Flights
Visas (refer to your embassy)
Gratuities/Tips Enquire about this Tour