Enquire about this Tour
- Visit Virunga National Park, the oldest national park in Africa.
- Summit Africa's most active volcano.
- Watch the world's largest lava lake in action.
N.B This tour start and ends from Kigali, Rwanda.
Day 1 - Drive from Kigali to Virunga National Park.
Day 2 - Hike to the summit of Mount Nyiragongo.
Day 3 - Descend Mount Nyiragongo and relax at Lake Kivu.
Day 4 - Make the return journey to Kigali.
N.B Itineraries and quotes available to start and end this tour from Kampala, Uganda on request.
|Based on 5 People||Based on 4 People||Based on 3 People||Based on 2 People |
This Tour Includes
All overland transfers as specified in your itinerary in a private vehicles.
All Meals (as specified in the ‘Meal Plan’ above)
Accommodation (please view TripAdvisor links in itinerary for impartial ratings)
- 1 night at Mikeno Lodge (single / double or twin cottage, SC)
- 1 night at Nyiragongo Summit Shelters (single/ twin cabin, NSC)
- 1 night at Paradis Malahide (single / double or twin room, SC)
Bottled Drinking Water (3 liters per person, per day)
- Mount Nyiragongo hiking package (VNP)
Wildlife & Tracking Permits
Park & Vehicle Fees
- Virunga NP x 3 days (Park Entry, Driver Entry, Vehicle Entry)
Specialist Guides and Rangers
- Mount Nyiragongo rangers / guides x 2 per group (VNP)
- Porters to carry equipment on Mount Nyiragongo x1 per person (VNP)
A $10 per person donation to the Virunga Alliance (see CSR Program)
Collection from and drop-off at your desired location in Kigali, Rwanda.
Lodging & food for your guide/driver (same lodge premises as you, where possible)
A dedicated Tours Manager in daily contact with your Driver/Guide and on call, 24/7 in case of an emergency.
This Tour Excludes
Items marked ‘(*for an additional cost)’
Alcohol (unless provided as complimentary by the accommodation)
Laundry (unless provided as complimentary by the accommodation)
Souvenirs & items of a personal nature
International or Domestic Flights
Visa for the Democratic Republic of Congo (can be arrange for an additional cost)
Other Visas, please refer to your embassy (please refer to your embassy)
Gratuities/Tips Enquire about this Tour