Enquire about this Tour
- Visit Virunga National Park, the oldest national park in Africa.
- Summit Africa's most active volcano.
- Watch the world's largest lava lake in action.
- Meet a rare family of mountains gorillas.
N.B This tour start and ends from Kigali, Rwanda.
Day 1 - Drive from Kigali to Virunga National Park.
Day 2 - Track mountain gorillas on Mount Mikeno.
Day 3 - Second gorilla tracking or choose additional activities.
Day 4 - Hike to the summit of Mount Nyiragongo.
Day 5 - Descend Mount Nyiragongo and relax at Lake Kivu.
Day 6 - Make the return journey to Kigali.
N.B Itineraries and quotes available to start and end this tour from Kampala, Uganda on request.
|Based on 5 People||Based on 4 People||Based on 3 People||Based on 2 People |
This Tour Includes
All overland transfers as specified in your itinerary in a private vehicles.
All Meals (as specified in the ‘Meal Plan’ above)
Accommodation (please view TripAdvisor links in itinerary for impartial ratings)
- 1 night at Bukima Tented Camp (single / double or safari tent, NSC)
- 2 nights at Mikeno Lodge (single / double or twin cottage, SC)
- 1 night at Nyiragongo Summit Shelters (single/ twin cabin, NSC)
- 1 night at Paradis Malahide (single / double or twin room, SC)
Bottled Drinking Water (3 liters per person, per day)
- Gorilla tracking (VNP)
- Mount Nyiragongo hiking package (VNP)
Wildlife & Tracking Permits
- Gorilla tracking permit x 1 per person (VNP)
Park & Vehicle Fees
- Virunga NP x 4 days (Park Entry, Driver Entry, Vehicle Entry)
Specialist Guides and Rangers
- Gorilla tracking rangers / guides (VNP)
- Mount Nyiragongo rangers / guides x 2 per group (VNP)
- Porters to carry equipment on Mount Nyiragongo x1 per person (VNP)
A $10 per person donation to the Virunga Alliance (see CSR Program)
Collection from and drop-off at your desired location in Kigali, Rwanda.
A dedicated Tours Manager in daily contact with your Driver/Guide and on call, 24/7 in case of an emergency.
This Tour Excludes
Items marked ‘(*for an additional cost)’
Alcohol (unless provided as complimentary by the accommodation)
Laundry (unless provided as complimentary by the accommodation)
Souvenirs & items of a personal nature
International or Domestic Flights
Visa for the Democratic Republic of Congo (can be arrange for an additional cost)
Other Visas (please refer to your embassy)
Gratuities/Tips Enquire about this Tour